WARWICK, RI – Monday, March 2, 2020 – The Rhode Island Airport Corporation (RIAC) today issued an updated statement on efforts to prevent the spread of COVID-19 (also known as “2019 novel coronavirus.”)
The Rhode Island Airport Corporation continues working closely with our partners at the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the Rhode Island Department of Health (RIDOH), the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) however at this time there are no changes in existing protocols for airline or airport staff regarding individuals who may have been exposed to communicable diseases.
The Rhode Island Airport Corporation continues to monitor this health situation closely and will continue to work with our state and federal partners, as well as airline personnel, to ensure passenger health and safety.
In the meantime we remind all travelers to take note of the CDC and RIDOH guidance on how to reduce the transmission of germs, and encourage all travelers to make use of hand washing and sanitizing stations throughout the airport.
Fact sheets on Coronavirus and efforts to reduce the spread of germs in several languages are available at T.F. Green Airport and are also available on the Rhode Island Department of Health website at https://health.ri.gov/diseases/respiratory/?parm=163
- English Fact Sheet: https://health.ri.gov/publications/factsheets/novel-coronavirus.pdf
- Spanish Fact Sheet: https://health.ri.gov/otherlanguages/spanish/publications/factsheets/novel-coronavirus.pdf
- Portuguese Fact Sheet: https://health.ri.gov/otherlanguages/portuguese/publications/factsheets/novel-coronavirus.pdf
- English “Stop the Spread of Germs”: https://health.ri.gov/publications/posters/stop-the-spread-of-germs.pdf
- Spanish “Stop the Spread of Germs”: https://health.ri.gov/otherlanguages/spanish/publications/posters/stop-the-spread-of-germs.pdf